Prop Star 2019
Show your props some love by nominating them for the ultimate prop accolade, Prop Star 2019 – and win rugby teamwear and rugby equipment for your club or university.
Does your prop go the extra mile? Are they the cornerstone not just of your pack but your club too? Then nominate them for Prop Star 2019.
Now in its third year, Prop Star celebrates the very best of grassroots rugby by honouring props across the nation who do more than win scrums. Nominate your prop now by telling us why they’re unique, and we will share your love for them across the social media world and also enter them into the race to be crowned Prop Star 2019.
The three finalists of Prop Star 2019 will be guests of honour at Twickenham on Thursday 12th December 2019 for The Varsity Match between Oxford University and Cambridge University. The winner will be announced at half-time, with Prop Star 2019 winning a full set of Rhino teamwear for their club, plus £500 worth of training equipment, not to mention our now famous Prop Star trophy.
How to nominate
To nominate, simply tell us in less than 50 words why your prop should win. Do they do extra coaching? Do they help keep the club running? Do they bring together the rugby community? Or do they just set a shining example to props everywhere? You’ll also need to supply a good quality image of your nominated prop, ideally in club colours.
1) All entrants must be active, playing, amateur rugby players.
2) Shortlisted props must be available to attend the Varsity Match on Thursday 12th December, 2019. No travel expenses will be paid to or from Twickenham.
3) All nominated props will appear on Rhino's social media channels for the duration of Prop Star 2019 and beyond in promotion of future Prop Star competitions.
4) All supplied imagery must be rights-free and available for Rhino to use free of charge across all social media, digital and print platforms in relation to Rhino Prop Star promotional activity.
5) There are no alternative prizes or cash alternatives.
6) Prizes will only be sent to a UK postal address.
7) The closing date for all entries is midnight, 15.10.19.
8) The shortlisting is subject to the judges' decision and that decision is final - no correspondence will be entered into.
9) The competition is open to players and rugby clubs in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
10) Entry is open to props of all ages, but those under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian before being nominated. Should they reach the Twickenham final they must also be accompanied by a parent or guardian.